Pen drives have become an inseparable part of our lives. From storing important files and folders to storing photos, music, videos, programs and movies, pen drives offer a lot of storage solution. Just a few years back, we were happy with a pen drive capacity of 254 MB, but today a 32 GB pen drive is quite common not only with the businessmen but with students as well. They are easy to carry around and are very convenient. But, with its advantages, one can also suffer data loss by accidently deleting or formatting the pen drive.
Security Risks with Pen Drives
With the over usage of pen drives, they become more prone to accidents. There are a number of reasons as to why the data may be lost from the pen drives. Some of them are
- Copying corrupted files to the pen drive
- Accidently deleting the pen drive
- Hardware failure of the pen drive
How to Recover Data From Pen Drive
Now, it may seem like a gigantic task to recover the lost data from your pen drive, but in actuality it is a very simple task. All you need to do is look for an effective and efficient data recovery program online. The confusion is that there are many different data recovery software available online as well as offline. It is easy to fall in the trap of these companies’ attractive marketing campaigns, slogans and promise. But, the best way is to go by the user reviews. Read reviews of hundreds of users online and you will know which data recovery program suits your case perfectly. Finding the data recovery software that is compatible with the operating system of your computer is also important, so that its function is perfectly optimized to recover the data from the pen drive. To answer the question – how to recover data – it is imperative that you do a little research, before going ahead with the recovery process, else you might lose the data forever.
Here are the few things you need to consider, before you buy a data recovery program –
- Features of the data recovery program.
- How complex the data recovery software is and whether you would be able to follow the complex instructions provided by the software. There are certain softwares that are very easy to follow and run, while others are a bit complex in nature.
- Check whether the data recovery program is compatible with the operating system of your computer or not.
- Read reviews of different users online at various online venues to get unbiased and honest information about the performance, efficiency and effectiveness of the data recovery program.
- Check out the kind of customer services provided by the data recovery company whose program you are considering to buy. It is possible that you might need the help of the customer services during the process of retrieving the lost data or after, so if the customer service is not good, going ahead with purchasing the program can be a waste.
- Compare price, features and efficiency of the data recovery program you are considering with the other programs in the market. It helps in judging the product better.
If you have lost crucial data stored in your pen drive due to it being corrupted, damaged or formatted, the first thing you need to do is to not panic. With the help of the data recovery program, you can easily recover lost data with ease.